Information regarding the coronavirus
The Municipality of Oskarshamn pays close attention to updated advice given by the Public Health Agency of Sweden (Folkhälsomyndigheten) on the coronavirus. The Municipality of Oskarshamn cooperates closely with other autorities and municipalities, and is ready to act on any new developments.
Information in other languages
Visiting Sweden during the covid-19 pandemic
The Covid-19 pandemic affects travelling, accommodation, and other activities in Sweden. On Krisinformation.se you can find compiled information from the authorities about restrictions and regulations you need to be aware of if you are planning a stay in Sweden this summer.
Help reducing the spread of the virus
- Stay at home if you feel unwell and have symptoms such as cough, fever, body ache or even just a stuffy nose. Avoid seeing other people than the ones you live with. Don’t go back to school or work until you have been symptom free for at least two days.
- Older people are at greater risk of serious illness, and so it is important not to visit people in hospital or care homes. If your work involves caring for older people, do not go to work if you have a cough or a cold.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water. Or use hand sanitizers.
- The Foreign Office of Sweden advice against travelling abroad.
If you have symptoms and need advice, please call the Kalmar Region health line 1177 (phone number +461177). The support line is answered and staffed by medical personnel.
If you have questions about the coronavirus and covid-19, that are not related to symtoms, please call the national information line 113 13.
Covid-19 Test für ausländische Besucher
Touristen aus dem Ausland, die sich in Schweden aufhalten, haben ein Anrecht auf akute notwendige medizinische Betreuung.
Ausländische Besucher, die den Verdacht haben an Covid-19 erkrankt zu sein, können sich an das nächstgelegene „Hälsocentral“/Gesundheitszentrum in Kalmar län wenden, um einen Termin für einen Coronatest zu vereinbaren. Region Kalmar län testet nur Personen mit Symptom. Symptomfreie Personen werden nicht getestet. Eine Garantie dafür, dass ein Test durchgeführt werden kann und dass das Ergebnis rechtzeitig vor der Heimreise vorliegt kann nicht gegeben werden.
Covid-19 test for foreign tourists
Tourists staying in Sweden have the right to urgent, necessary care.
Foreign citizens who suspect that they have covid-19 may turn to the nearest Health Care Center in Kalmar County to book a time for sampling. Only people with symptoms will be tested. Symptom-free people will not be provided test for covid-19.
No guarantee can be given that sampling can be done and that the answer of the analysis is ready before returning home
Protecting risk groups
The elderly are particularly vulnerable to the coronavirus covid-19 infection. Therefore it is important not to visit people in hospital or care homes. Please note that respiratory tract infections can be life-threatening to older people.
We must all do everything we can to minimize the spread of the virus.
Recommendations to the elderly
If you are over the age of 70 recommendations are that you stay at home even if you are well. In this way you avoid being exposed to the virus. We understand that many find this difficult, but it’s important in this situation to ask your relatives or neighbours for help with grocery shopping and other errands.
Activities for the elderly will be cancelled
To minimize the spread of covid-19, elderly activities and meeting places (Träffpunkten) arranged by the Municipality will be cancelled until further noticed.
Schools and education
The Public Health Agency of Sweden currently advices that children who don't show any symptoms can attend preschools and schools. Children and adults who show symptoms, even mild ones, shall stay at home until symptom free, and 48 hours after that. Children and pupils are only to be dropped off and picked up by by persons that are healthy and symptom-free .
City preschools and schools actively work to prevent transmission of the coronavirus, and preschool staff will contact parents and caretakers to come pick up children who show respiratory symptoms, even mild symptoms.
If you as a parent or caretaker feel concern due to the coronavirus, and want your child to stay at home, you need to apply for absence based on the school’s regular routines.
Information from the municipal Education Department to guardians and pupils in several languages
Posters with short information on when children and pupils can go to preschool and school
- Information for guardians and pupils (Albanian)
- Information for guardians and pupils (Arabic)
- Information for guardians and pupils (Bosnian / Serbian / Croatian)
- Information for guardians and pupils (Chinese)
- Information for guardians and pupils (Dari)
- Information for guardians and pupils (English)
- Information for guardians and pupils (Kurdish Badinani)
- Information for guardians and pupils (Kurdish Kurmanji)
- Information for guardians and pupils (Kurdish Sorani)
- Information for guardians and pupils (Polish)
- Information for guardians and pupils (Somali)
- Information for guardians and pupils (Spanish)
- Information for guardians and pupils (Swedish)
- Information for guardians and pupils (Thai)
- Information for guardians and pupils (Vietnamese)
The Swedish Government has decided to temporarily forbid arranging events and gatherings of more than 50 people (attendees, participators and staff included), indoor as well as outdoor.
This decision affects some of the Municipality operations, and events arranged by the Municipality.
Organisers of events will provide information to those who planned to attend events that will now be cancelled. If you have questions about already purchased tickets and such, information will be found on the website of the organiser.
Avoid sharing unconfirmed information
We can all help by not spreading rumors, evaluate the source of information critically, and only share confirmed and reliable facts.