Information regarding the coronavirus
The Municipality of Oskarshamn pays close attention to updated advice given by the Public Health Agency of Sweden (Folkhälsomyndigheten) on the coronavirus. The Municipality of Oskarshamn cooperates closely with other autorities and municipalities, and is ready to act on any new developments.
New regional restrictions as of April 1st
As of right now, Kalmar län has a high and increasing spread of covid-19. Because of the critical situation, the County Medical Officer for Communicable Diseases has made a decision regarding regional restrictions which applies from April 1st. The restrictions apply to everyone that lives or currently stays in Kalmar County, they also apply to all individuals who have received the vaccine.
- Avoid all contact with people other than the ones you live with. This applies to everyone, no matter how old you are.
- Do not arrange or visit gatherings in relation to Easter.
- Use a mask while traveling by public transportation at all times, as long as there is a current spread of the virus within the county.
- Use a mask at work for up to 7 days if another colleague has an ascertained infection and has been present in the facility while being contagious, if a safe distance between all co-workers can’t be established.
Keep following the national restrictions and regulations.
Your actions make a difference. The only way to stop the spread of the virus is to do it together.
More national measures to reduce the spread of infection
The Public Health Agency of Sweden and the Swedish Government has decided on more measures to reduce the spread of covid-19 in society. The following applies from 1 March:
- All restaurants and catering establishment must close at 8.30 pm. This applies regardless of whether alcohol is served or not. However, it is okay to continue to supply food for collection (take-away) after that time.
- For restaurants that form part of a shopping centre, in example malls, the number of visitors in a party may only amount to 1 person, unless the restaurant can be reached through its own entrances.
- Food service places such as restaurants and bars are not allowed to serve alcohol between 8.00 pm an 11.00 am.
- No competition activities below elite level will be allowed. The exception for single matches for children born in 2005 and later is removed.
- Government agencies must take measures to increase the possibility for employees to work from home. This will be extended up to and including 31 May 2021. Since not all occupational groups have the possibility to work from home, there will be more inspections of high-risk workplaces.
- The Public Health Agency of Sweden recommends that face masks still be used in public transportation during rush hour traffic.
- The government continues to urge municipalities and regions to keep unnecessary activities closed until 18 April 2021.
- The Public Health Agency of Sweden have now decided that young people born in 2002 or later may participate in organised sports and leisure activities, both indoors and outdoors. An assessment indicates that the benefits of physical activity outweigh the risks, and therefore a change is being made to the general guidelines.
Stricter national regulations and general guidelines
Stricter national regulations and general advice come into force about everyone's responsibility to prevent the spread of Covid-19. Everyone in society has an obligation to take measures to prevent the spread of infection.
You have a personal responsibility to protect yourself and others from the spread of Covid-19. As of 14 December, you are obliged to:
- limit new close contacts by only hanging out with the people we normally meet. For example, it could be those we live with or just a few friends or relatives outside the household.
- avoid being part of several different groups.
- hang out outdoors if possible and keep as much distance as possible.
- avoid being close to each other, especially in smaller spaces for an extended period of time.
- avoid crowded places and, if possible, shop alone.
- avoid traveling unless necessary. If necessary, the travel should be carried out in a way that minimises the risk of spreading infection.
- conduct sports and leisure activities in a way that minimizes the risk of infection
- work from home as often as possible.
The decision also includes stricter general recommendations for workplaces and businesses – such as shops, shopping centres and sports facilities.
- All businesses should take steps to ensure that each and every one can follow the general recommendations. Employers should take measures such as encouraging personnel to work from home, offering more opportunities for remote work and postponing business travel, conferences and other physical meetings.
- Other businesses can minimise the number of visitors present on their premises at the same time, adapt opening hours or offer digital alternatives.
Special restrictions for public gatherings and events
As of 24 November 2020, a maximum of 8 persons is allowed at public gatherings and events. This also applies to seated audiences. This restriction is applicable until further notice. An exception is made for funerals, where a maximum of 20 persons is allowed.
This decision affects some of the Municipality operations, and events arranged by the Municipality.
Organisers of events will provide information to those who planned to attend events that will now be cancelled. If you have questions about already purchased tickets and such, information will be found on the website of the organiser.
Oskarshamn Municipality is taking the following measures
Due to stricter national regulations and general guidelines, the Oskarshamn Municipality is taking the following measures. The list of actions will be updated regularly.
Oskarshamn municipality as an employer has tightened the restrictions for meetings, travel and training for employees, and encourages those who can work from home to do so - but there are of course many businesses that can not be run remotely.
Culture and leisure
Sports facilities, both indoors and outdoors, are closed to companies and individuals.
The sports facilities indoors are open for association- and company-driven training for children born in 2002 or later. Professional sports are allowed, which in Oskarshamn municipality means IK Oskarshamn and Oskarshamns AIK's elite team.
The sports facilities outdoors are open for association-driven training for both children and adults.
Changing rooms are closed, except in the swimming pool area and ice rink area where we make special adjustments in the changing rooms.
The associations that conduct activities must take special account of their special sports federation's guidelines regarding covid-19.
This applies from 8 February 2021.
Free cancellation applies to tenants during the period.
Public swimming pool
The swimming pool is closed to the public. Exceptions are made for children born in 2002 or later who participate in the following: swimming school, primary school swimming lessons and associations' training.
The changing rooms for the swimming pool are closed for customers to the gym.
This applies from 8 February 2021.
Free cancellation applies to tenants during the period.
Motionsgården in Havslätt
Motionsgården in Havslätt is closed.
Community youth centre
Community youth centres are open and adapt both indoors and outdoors activities for young people born in 2002 and later. This applies from 8 February 2021.
Artificial frozen bandy court
We will not prepare the artificially frozen bandy court this season.
Library and Kulturbussen
From 4 January 2021, our libraries will reopen. The Swedish Public Health Agency has removed libraries from its list of which municipal activities should be closed, as libraries are covered by the Library Act and is a community service that according to law must be available to everyone.
The City Library, the public library branches and Kulturbussen are closed as meeting places and are only kept open for lending books and other media. The following applies from 4 January 2021:
- Regular opening hours (regular timetable for Kulturbussen's general tours)
- Only lending of books and other media
- No newspaper reading
- No studies
- No access to public computers
- No possibilities for printing or copying
The school libraries are part of the school's activities and as long as the schools are open, the school libraries are still open.
The City Library offers take-away loans – You can call the City Library and tell which books you want to borrow. When we have collected your books, we will call you and agree on when it is convenient for you to pick up the books. We meet you outside the library so you do not have to go inside. Telephone number of the City Library: 0491-880 10.
Museums and art galleries
The Döderhultar Museum, the Maritime Museum and Oskarshamn Art Gallery are closed.
School and education
The school cafeterias are open with adaptations. Serving for external guests is closed.
Oscarsgymnasiet continues with distance studies in the same way as now until 23 April. One third of the students will be in school at the same time while the rest study at a distance according to a schedule. Affected students will receive a more detailed information via the school, about which days they have distance learning and which days they have teaching on site.
The upper-secondary special school continues to conduct its activities on site in the school's premises.
The decision to continue as before has been made on the recommendation of the County Medical Officer for Communicable Diseases for the Kalmar County Region in order to reduce the rate of infection.
Students enrolled at Oscarsgymnasiet, can continue to order lunch boxes according to the same routines as before for the days they do not have teaching on site at school.
From Wednesday 10 March, two lunch dishes will be served at Oscarsgymnasiet.
Preschool and primary school
All leaving and picking up children at preschools and schools are done outdoors until June 11th. Exceptions may need to be done at the beginning and end of the day, taking into account the individual preschool's och school's conditions, but the main rule is leaving/picking up outdoors.
Open preschool Trollsländan is closed.
School of Arts
Where it works, operations continue digitally. Some individual tuition and group tuition may continue with local adaptation for children born in 2002 or later.
Komvux and SFI
Until 11 June 2021 Komvux conducts all of the teaching digitally. Excluded are Yrkesvux, Lärvux and SFI course A.
Nova switches to digital teaching.
Elderly care and activities for elderly
Meeting places for elderly
To minimize the spread of covid-19, our meeting places for elderly (Träffpunkten) are closed until further notice.
The restaurants Solbacka and Nyhem
The restaurants Solbacka and Nyhem are only open for take-away.
Miljöhuset Återbruk is closed to customers and does not collect things from homes of private individuals.
Kalejdo has paused all physical meetings and activities. The groups that can be held digitally are held via Teams and as live broadcasts in "Group for Kalejdo" on Facebook.
When may children and students attend preschool and school despite having mild symptoms
Starting on the 10th of September, the following applies:
- Preschool children sometimes have mild symptoms, which quickly go away and are not signs of illness. In that case, the child does not need to stay home from preschool. This kind of symptoms includes, for example, a single cough or having a runny nose after having been outside.
- If a guardian is sick, he or she should not leave or pick up their children at a preschool or school.
- Children and students of all ages living with someone who has covid-19 are recommended to stay at home.
- Children and adults that get symptoms which pass quickly (for example, if you wake up feeling slightly ill but feel completely well already the next day) do not need to be tested for covid-19. However, in order to be sure that you do not get sick, you need to remain at home, being symptom free, for an additional two days. After this, you may return to preschool, school, work and other activities.
- To be tested for covid-19 in Region Kalmar County, you should have had any of the following symptoms for at least 24 hours: coughing, fever, runny nose, blocked nose, sore throat, diarrhoea or a loss of taste and smell. You can read more about testing at 1177.se. Young people between the ages of 13 and 17 need to log in to 1177.se themselves to order a test for covid-19. At 1177.se you can read more about how young people can get BankID or Freja eID Plus, which is needed to log in (in Swedish).
- If the child or student has not received their test result within seven days after the illness started, but has been healthy and fever-free for the past two days, it is possible to return to preschool, school or another of our activities.
- As students are home from school due to symptoms, they are not alowed to participate in other activities organized by the municipal Education Department. Examples of such activities are community youth centres and school of arts.
City preschools and schools actively work to prevent transmission of the coronavirus, and preschool staff will contact parents and caretakers to come pick up children who show respiratory symptoms, even mild symptoms.
Children and students should only be dropped off and picked up by persons that are healthy and symptom-free.
If you as a parent or caretaker feel concern due to the coronavirus, and want your child to stay at home, you need to apply for absence based on the school’s regular routines.
Information in other languages
- Information on the coronavirus at krisinformation.se in english
- Information on the coronavirus at krisinformation.se in other languages
- The Public Health Agency of Sweden: about covid-19 in other languages
- Public Swedish Radio: About covid-19 in other languages
- How to protect yourself and others and information about testing for covid-19, films on informationsverige.se
- Sign language; covid-19
Help reducing the spread of the virus
- Stay at home if you feel unwell and have symptoms such as cough, fever, body ache, shortness of breath or even just a runny nose.
- Avoid seeing other people than the ones you live with.
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and water for at least 20 seconds. Or use hand sanitizers.
- Keep your distance from other people, both indoors and outdoors.
- Be careful when visiting people who are aged 70+ or belong to an at-risk group.
- Avoid large social gatherings.
- The Foreign Office of Sweden advice against travelling abroad.
If you have symptoms and need advice, please call the Kalmar Region health line 1177 (phone number +461177). The support line is answered and staffed by medical personnel.
If you have questions about the coronavirus and covid-19, that are not related to symtoms, please call the national information line 113 13.
Protecting risk groups
The elderly are particularly vulnerable to the coronavirus covid-19 infection. Please note that respiratory tract infections can be life-threatening to older people.
We must all do everything we can to minimize the spread of the virus.
Covid-19 Test für ausländische Besucher
Touristen aus dem Ausland, die sich in Schweden aufhalten, haben ein Anrecht auf akute notwendige medizinische Betreuung.
Ausländische Besucher, die den Verdacht haben an Covid-19 erkrankt zu sein, können sich an das nächstgelegene „Hälsocentral“/Gesundheitszentrum in Kalmar län wenden, um einen Termin für einen Coronatest zu vereinbaren. Region Kalmar län testet nur Personen mit Symptom. Symptomfreie Personen werden nicht getestet. Eine Garantie dafür, dass ein Test durchgeführt werden kann und dass das Ergebnis rechtzeitig vor der Heimreise vorliegt kann nicht gegeben werden.
Covid-19 test for foreign tourists
Tourists staying in Sweden have the right to urgent, necessary care.
Foreign citizens who suspect that they have covid-19 may turn to the nearest Health Care Center in Kalmar County to book a time for sampling. Only people with symptoms will be tested. Symptom-free people will not be provided test for covid-19.
No guarantee can be given that sampling can be done and that the answer of the analysis is ready before returning home
Avoid sharing unconfirmed information
We can all help by not spreading rumors, evaluate the source of information critically, and only share confirmed and reliable facts.
Swedish authorities on the coronavirus
- Official information on the novel corona virus on krisinformation.se (Emergency information from Swedish authorities)
- Swedish healthcare for visitors on krisinformation.se (Emergency information from Swedish authorities)
- FAQ of The Public Health Agency of Sweden
- The Swedish Government's response to the virus responsible for covid-19